Minor in Religious Studies
Prospective minors must consult with the Chair of the Religious Studies Department. With the assistance of the Chair, students plan a series of 6 courses totaling 18 credits:
The Religious Studies Minor: Six (6) religious studies courses (18 credit hours).
Introductory Course (3 cr)
- REST 123 What is Religion?
REST 300-level course (3 cr)
- Choose ONE
- REST 325 Spirituality & Health (3 cr)
- REST 352 Marriage & Sexuality (3 cr)
- REST 386 Morality in Business (3 cr)
- REST 387 Medical Ethics & Society (3 cr)
REST Electives (12 cr)
- Choose FOUR (in any combination)
- REST Non-Core courses: No more than 1 course at 100-level
- REST Non-Core courses at 200-level or higher
- REST Core Exploration courses (2XXX)
- REST Core Culmination courses (3990, 4990)
In consultation with Religious Studies faculty, students who select a non-REST Core
Culmination course, will be required to expand upon the research and writing completed
in the original paper to include a religious studies component.
Total: 18 credits
Notes on the Religious Studies Minor
- Courses for the minor are selected in consultation with the Department Chair or Departmental Faculty Advisor.
- No courses from the foundational areas of the Fisher Core may apply. These areas include Learning Community, Research-Based Writing, and Data Analysis courses.
- No more than two courses taken to meet a student’s major requirements may be applied to the religious studies minor.
- A grade point average of 2.00 is required for all courses taken in residence that may be applied to the minor.
- The program requirements listed are for the current academic year. Past and future program requirements may differ. Visit the catalog website to access current and past catalogs.