Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
Goal #1 Students will develop skills in coding, allowing them to adapt to new languages and techniques during their career.
- Students will learn the syntax and techniques of coding, including an understanding of logic statements, functions, and objects.
- Students will be able to use code in order to create a professional, fully realized, and unique project.
Goal #2 Students will learn techniques for designing and creating web and mobile sites and/or video games for a variety of commercial, journalistic, and artistic purposes.
- Students will become familiar with graphic design theory and be able to apply this theory to real-world projects.
- Students will implement techniques of information design to interactive media projects, with consideration of a particular purpose and audience. The design decisions should be informed by these factors.
- Students will develop skills to design and produce professional-level websites or video games.
Goal #3 Students will be able to apply concepts of data science to real-world problems.
- Students will write about the relevance of data analysis to the real world and demonstrate how the data can influence real-world decision making.
- Students will utilize tools to analyze and present data in a professional manner.
Goal #4 Students will be able to write and speak about issues related to digital cultures and digital technologies.
- Students will demonstrate competency in reading and analyzing research literature relevant to the field.
- Students will apply the methodologies of critical analysis, content analysis, or ethnography to write an academic analysis of an issue related to digital cultures.
Goal #5 Students will apply innovative thinking and creativity to new inventions and art.
- Students will create a unique example of interaction art or a computational object that demonstrates creativity and technical understanding.
- Students will write about digital invention/digital art from a historical/theoretical viewpoint.
Goal #6 Students will develop their networking skills and build professional portfolios.
- Students will develop networking skills to pursue internship and campus experiential activities.
- Students will build a professional portfolio.