The student learning goals are to:
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the process of aging in its multiple dimensions: physical, social, societal, mental and spiritual.
- Reference relevant theories, key concepts, research issues, and findings in the field of gerontology/aging
- Be able to locate scholarly source material and evaluate its significance to the field of gerontology
- Possess knowledge of legal, economic, and social policies that affect individuals as they age, as well as society as a whole
- Recognize how age is used to discriminate, define, and stereotype a person; demonstrate an empathetic understanding of elders