Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
Goal #1 Students will understand how gender is socially constructed.
- Demonstrate how cultural objects contribute to an understanding of gender in society.
Goal #2 Students will understand how gender intersects with other social and cultural identities.
- Articulate how concepts of gender can vary when combined with other social and/or cultural identities
- View gender as one part of a complex identity that includes factors such as race, ethnicity, class, sexuality, gender expression, ability nationality, religion, geography, age and identity.
Goal #3 Students will know and be able to articulate important aspects of feminist theories.
- Identify and apply at least two important feminist paradigms, methods and/or theoretical perspectives to objects of study.
Goal #4 Students will understand how systems of power affect the individual and society.
- Explain the effects of privilege and oppression on individual experience.
- Explain the dynamics of power and hierarchy within society.