Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
Goal #1 Cultivate a foundation of content specific knowledge where students can develop professional perspectives and become an informed practitioner.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the foundational knowledge required for the sport management profession.
- Students will demonstrate information literacy.
Goal #2 Provide an environment to practice and develop effective communication strategies relevant to business practices in the numerous fields within the sport industry.
- Students will practice college-level writing and learn industry appropriate formatting.
- Students will demonstrate competency in presentations.
Goal #3 Within classroom and industry settings, provide applied learning opportunities through assignment and experiences that connect theory to practice.
- Students will satisfactorily complete applied learning assignments by practicing the role of industry professionals.
Goal #4 Provide a framework within which students will have opportunities to develop a professional network.
- Students will employ networking skills in experiential opportunities.