Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
Goal #1 Students will engage in historical inquiry, research, and analysis.
- Identify existing and compelling questions.
- Find appropriate sources online, in the library, or the community.
- Distinguish between primary and secondary sources and know when to use them.
Goal #2 Students will have the skills and knowledge to craft historical narrative and argument.
- Generate an historical argument that is reasoned and based on selected historical evidence.
- Write an effective narrative
- Defend a position
Goal #3 Student will be well practiced in historical thinking.
- Evaluate a variety of historical sources for their credibility, position, and perspective.
- Develop a methodological practice of gathering, shifting, analyzing, ordering, synthesizing, and interpreting evidence.